This year has been one of most exciting years so far! We successfully opened Sweet Tee’s Kitchen Happy Hour, Ava’s Closet design, and Sweet Tee’s catering service. I am excited to have made new friends, attend new culinary events, try different ingredients and to continue cooking from my heart. I have no idea were the time went, thank God for early Spring. There are no regrets, only more contentment and a desire to continue learning. When one spends the day doing what they appreciate, it makes the time worth living for and it makes one look forward to the next day. Amongst all this, when a much needed escape gets planned, you can only imagine the excitement (smiling from cheek to cheek). Yes, we are going on a petite trip! We are getting ready to explore and absorb.
So while I plan, pack and organize, you go ahead and try this extremely easy meal.Thank you for being such a good supporter here is a special gift from me to you. This is a old family recipe that is easy for you to follow.
Baked Persimmon Crisp
- 5 persimmons
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Slice the top of the fruit and using a spoon or a melon scooper, scoop out some of the flesh creating a hole.
- Finely chop the scooped flesh and put it in a bowl. To the same bowl, add butter, flour, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, and cinnamon and give it a mix.
- Fill the fruit cavity with the mixture.
- Bake it at 375F for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the top looks slight golden brown.
- Serve it with vanilla yogurt or ice cream of your choice.